Ian is an experienced presenter, group facilitator and executive coach. Through his keynote presentations, highly interactive workshops, and custom-designed team-building practice, he helps his clients leverage their investment in their managers and teams.
He works primarily with managers, mid-level to executive. His programs introduce cutting-edge skills and concepts around:
- transforming managers and supervisors into leaders and
- fostering superior team performance
Ian began his independent practice in 1988, following seventeen years of corporate experience in both the high tech manufacturing and transportation industries.
His advice to management is both thought-provoking and practical. He speaks with passion. His message is clear:
Superior results occur when individual employees accept personal accountability for their own goals, priorities, performance, attitudes and how they choose to work with others.
And, while it is mostly up to the individual to find job satisfaction, managers can adopt proven leadership approaches to create an environment where people choose to excel.”
Education and Credentials
- Cornell University—Masters degree, Human Resources Management
- McGill University—Bachelor of Commerce degree
- University Associates—Human Resources Development Intern Program
- Ryerson University—former part-time lecturer in Faculty of Business
- Gestalt Institute of Toronto—(3year) Diploma in Gestalt Theory and Methodology for group and individual development
- National Speakers Association & Canadian Association of Professional Speakers—Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation
- Ontario Municipal Management Institute—Excellence in Training Award
- Ontario Society for Training and Development—Certificate of Achievement (Advanced)
- Accredited facilitator of The Leadership Circle Profile® and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
To see Ian in action click here: Ian Cook’s videos
Hear Ian Cook’s interview on ProfessionallySpeakingTV.com: