“The path to executive development passes directly through the self, which we often forget. Coursework, academic credentials, rotational job experiences in many functional areas are all good and perhaps necessary, but if no work is done on the inner self and mindset of leaders, all of the additional experiences amount to nothing.”Dan Holden, Senior Consultant at The Leadership Circle
What Sort of “Leadership Culture” is Your Top Team Fostering?
The current leadership culture in your organization is an overwhelmingly strong factor in the level of results you achieve and the success of any major change effort you undertake. And, by and large, the leadership culture is established and sustained by your senior leaders.
When we work with your executive leadership team we challenge you with focused questions, such as:
- Will the current culture fostered by your leadership team support achievement of the goals you have set and/or the change you want to implement?
- Does your top team actually drive the vision or mostly just solve problems?
- How effectively does your top team deal with complexity and change?
- To what extent do your senior managers believe they share accountability for the effectiveness of the top team?
- Does the prevailing management style of your senior leaders draw the best from their employees?
Ways We Can Work with You
Based upon our initial conversations with you and the degree to which your senior managers want to become a more effective executive leadership team, we will recommend a process from among the following options that best meets your needs and budget.
The Leadership Circle 360° Profile (LCP)
For accelerated leadership development at the top team level, Fulcrum Associates uses the comprehensive model, advanced 360° feedback profile, culture survey instrument, and The Authentic Leader workshop, all developed by The Leadership Circle™.
These integrated tools help your managers identify and transform reactive habits of thought* into outcome-creating thinking and competencies that generate significant, positive results for the enterprise.
- (*Leaders emphasizing caution over creating results, self-protection over productive engagement, control over bringing out the best in others.)
The LCP surfaces the leader’s inner “operating system,” his/her current assumptions and beliefs that underlie behavior and determine his/her ultimate effectiveness as a leader.
Each member of the senior team completes The Leadership Circle Profile (LCP), a 360º feedback instrument that measures the two primary leadership domains, Outcome-Creating Competencies and Reactive Tendencies. (For more details, click on the above link to LCP.)
Each member receives his or her LCP results in a 90-minute, one-on-one “unpacking” consultation led by one of our TLC-certified associates. Results from the profile can lead to any (or all) of three courses of action:
- Putting your team through The Authentic Leader workshop (see below) which enables your managers–individually and as a team–to take their LCP results and apply them to behavior that will lead the organization to achieving a higher level of results.
- Customized Team Building for the Top Team which includes some elements of our regular Team Building process but also reflects the Leadership Circle Model and the development needs that emerged from the individual LCP results.
- Providing one-on-one customized Senior Leader Coaching for some or all of the team members. This coaching, of course, will build upon the platform of the individual’s LCP data.
The Authentic Leader Workshop
This customized two-day experience engages your senior managers in discussions, exercises, simulations, and various reflections that deepen insight into their “inner operating systems”, as reflected in their LCP results.
The goal of The Authentic Leader is to help your team collectively foster and sustain a leadership culture that promotes strong employee engagement, continual innovation and superior results.
The Leadership Culture Survey (LCS)
A more measured option available to you is to begin by administering The Leadership Culture Survey (LCS). This will generate a reading on how (1) your top team members and (2) your employees perceive and experience the leadership culture that is currently being fostered from the top. (For more details, click on the above link to LCS.)
We share the results with your leadership team and then facilitate a meeting to determine how significant the gap is between the actual and your desired cultures at different levels of your organization. If warranted, you would then proceed with one of the options above, most likely the The Leadership Circle Profile assessment + The Authentic Leader workshop.
At a suitable time in the future, we can re-administer TLCS to measure any shift in the perceived culture that has occurred as a result of development work done by the senior team.